Being the last day of August I thought it would be a good time to write my August recap and September goals. This weekend is Labour Day weekend and I know I won’t be doing much writing until Tuesday (when I will be extremely busy with NFL kicking off Wednesday).
Overall August was a good month, but not work wise. Although I kept up with work that needed to get done, I didn’t really get through much of my to-do list at all. I don’t care too much though as starting September I will be extremely busy for about 5 months, so relaxing in the summer helps me from burning out.
In August I went to Vegas with some buddies. That was a lot of fun, although no luck at the tables this time. Other then that I played a lot of hockey and baseball, relaxed, and my basement got pretty much finished. I’m still waiting on my bathroom (vanity is being built) and my bar to be built, but I got my TV setup going with my couches (pic below).
Below is a recap of my August goals, and new goals for this month…
August 2012 Goals Recap
- Get my NFL picks website ready to go for the season, including sales video, etc. – Got this all ready this past week, and I’m itching for the season to start.
- Hire all of my football writers for my main betting site, and teach them how to post on WordPress – I’ve gotten in contact with my writers and ready to roll, and this upcoming week I need to teach them how to post on WP.
- Create at least 5 more videos for my sports sites – I don’t even think I got 1 of these done.
- Write a guest fitness post – Didn’t do it
- Write a guest internet marketing related post – Nope. (told you it was a slack month work wise)
- Write a helpful post for here – Didn’t but I have a few in mind I will write soon.
- Continue to win with my MLB picks and get a winner or two in the PGA (I follow my buddies plays) – Steve nailed 2 PGA picks and I had a solid month with my baseball picks too!
- Personal stuff – Finalize plans for my basement bar – Got this done and should be in end of September or early October.
- Personal stuff – Book a cottage for end of August/start of September long weekend – Change of plans, just staying in London this weekend.
- Personal stuff – Win some $$$ in VEGAS – The tables were not nice this time.
- Personal stuff – Continue to workout 5 or 6 days per week and eat clean – My workouts leading up to Las Vegas were good, but since I’ve been back I have been slacking pretty hard.
September 2012 Goals
- Teach The Sports Geek writers how to post on WordPress
- Update pages on my main betting sites to get ready for the football season
- Find some affiliates for my NFL picks
- Start of the season with a winning month (NFL) and continue success with MLB picks
- Write a guest post
- Write a post here
- Create 3 videos for my sports betting sites
- Put some CTAs in my newest NFL website
- 2 posts on my workout site (supplement reviews probably)
- Personal Stuff – Plan some stuff for New York (going for my birthday on the 15th-19th)
- Personal Stuff – Start working out more consistently
- Personal Stuff – Get my TV and speakers upstairs mounted (love the looks of the basement so I’m getting the same guy that did my basement to do my upstairs TV room).