Being the last day in October and Halloween Night I thought it would be a good time to do a review of my October goals and post my November goals. I’m currently sitting on my laptop waiting near the front door for any kids (last year I only got about 12 to the door, and so far just 4 this year as I’m writing this).
Anyways, October had some good things and bad things going on in the month. Firstly the bad things: NHL was locked out and continues to be, partially because of that income was down quite a bit from what I expected this month, a few websites were hit with the EMD Google update and I’ve been doing awful with my NFL betting. Good things: I had a winning MLB season again this year, I have started to become productive again and have some motivation, traffic is up at my main betting site.
This month I also created a “direct investing” account with my bank, which basically allows me to make stock trades on my own for lower commission prices. I’ve been contributing to an RRSP lately, but always wanted to get some money into a few different stocks. I did a bit of research and put money into 4 different stocks. My goal is to keep them long term. Getting the money out of my bank account and into some investments can only be positive. If you have any good stock tips send me a message
Alright below is a recap of my goals for October, and then my November goals…
October 2012 Goals Recap
- Teach any other writers I have to post by themselves – Yes, but unfortunately I had to “let go” of a writer because the website was hit by the updates.
- Submit one guest post to a popular site – Done, and I hope to get James’ Interview some exposure
- Have a good month with NFL and MLB playoffs – Awful NFL, decent MLB
- Pray every night that the NHL lock out ends – no signs of hockey this year
- 1 post here – I went a little crazy here since switching the theme over to Thesis. The much better look and logo gave me some motivation to try and make some money off of this blog.
- Create 3 sports betting videos – I was ready to shoot a bunch of videos using the Bamboo tablet that makes creating whiteboard style videos on the computer easy, but I cannot for the life of me find the cord for it anywhere in my house. I think my dog ate it or something, which sucks because I can’t find a replacement cord online. I ended up getting 1 video done anyways without using that tool, but I had a list written out of video ideas that would use the tablet.
- Buy a background for shooting videos? (question mark there because I’m undecided right now) – I didn’t do this, although I still might. I don’t have much room to set up a place to shoot videos, and would probably have to clear out my garage to do this.
- Keep to my productivity increasing routine during the week as much as I can – I did fairly well with this, although always lots of room for improvement.
- Personal goals – gym 5 times per week, eat healthy – Definitely didn’t do the eating healthy part, although I got to the gym enough. Workouts are the easy part, eating healthy has become tough.
November 2012 Goals
- Have a winning NFL month with my picks
- Continue to post daily to my social media accounts for my main websites, including my new Workout Tipster Facebook page (please “like” that page)
- 8 posts at Workout site
- 5 posts here
- 3 Sports betting videos (I will have to try and brainstorm other ideas that don’t use the tablet)
- One guest post somewhere
- Start using a scheduled routine to increase productivity which includes waking up early and getting right after it
- New opt-in video at The Sports Geek
- Personal goals = eat a lot healthier, and workout 5-6 days per week. Start a new workout routine, and continue to record my workouts.
2 months left in the year, wow! Have a good month.