Today is the last day of July and I thought I would do my July goals recap and post up my goals for August.
July was a pretty good month overall. Weather was EXTREMELY HOT here in Ontario which was good and bad (humidity sucks but the hot weather was nice). I enjoyed the weekends, which included this past weekend in Toronto with some friends (about 12 of us total) for some Blue Jays games and birthday celebrations. This past month I’ve also had a contractor in to start working on finishing my basement (see picture below), which will be an awesome man cave with a few TV’s when completed for my NFL Sunday’s and just in general so I can watch a few sporting events at once.
As far as work goes July was decent/what I’d expect in the summer. I got some stuff done and have kept building up my business so overall I am happy. Recap of last month’s goals and new goals below…
July 2012 Goals Recap
- Work on Quick Muscle Formula some more and get some sales – I’ve done a bit of work, and seen a couple sales roll in but not what I was hoping (I simply don’t have the traffic to the landing page needed).
- 5 more posts at Workout Tipster – I know I got 5 for sure, maybe 6 up. Good job there.
- Drive traffic to new CFL picks website that I’ve teamed up with a partner on. Also get some affiliates pushing his picks – I drove bit of traffic to the site, and had one affiliate email out about it. Even though my partner is doing great with his picks and winning me and clients some good money there still isn’t too much interest around Canadian Football.
- Have a winning month of July with my MLB picks – A solid month in the MLB, which I hope is capped off by a big winner tonight!
- Write one guest post – Didn’t do this… will have to get to it in August.
- Get one helpful post up here and monetize it – I ended up writing up 3 reviews of products here (Bamboo Tablet, Yeti Mic, and DudaMobile) which include affiliate links that maybe one day will make me some money.
- Continue posting at my new NFL website, which I want to have ranking well for the start of September – Got a few more posts up and traffic is slowly coming with NFL season around the corner.
- Personal Stuff – Workout 6 days per week, eat healthy – Got to the gym 5 days per week on average, and ate pretty healthy. I mentioned it in last month’s post I think, but having this new BBQ has really helped as I’ve started to BBQ Broccoli and Asparagus with my meats and love it.
- Personal Stuff – I’m working on getting my basement finished so I need to start picking out everything for that – have got a lot of stuff picked out, just need to focus on the BAR now.
August 2012 Goals
- Get my NFL picks website ready to go for the season, including sales video, etc.
- Hire all of my football writers for my main betting site, and teach them how to post on WordPress
- Create at least 5 more videos for my sports sites
- Write a guest fitness post
- Write a guest internet marketing related post
- Write a helpful post for here (maybe another review of something)
- Continue to win with my MLB picks and get a winner or two in the PGA (I follow my buddies plays)
- Personal stuff – Finalize plans for my basement bar
- Personal stuff – Book a cottage for end of August/start of September long weekend
- Personal stuff – Win some $$$ in VEGAS (going Aug 9th weekend if anyone is there)
- Personal stuff – Continue to workout 5 or 6 days per week and eat clean